1. Welcome to the 30A Prime Community Forums!  Our purpose here is to join together in sharing the Best of Florida's Emerald Coast with the rest of the world.  We're all about positivity, encouragement, and highlighting things that make this part of Florida a great place to live and vacation.  So please take a look around and become a 30A Prime MEMBER today!

Interactive Area Guide Map to Destin, 30A, and Panama City Beach

Dismiss Notice

My Favorite Restaurants at the HUB 30A

Discussion in '30A East Restaurants and Happy Hour Specials' started by 30APrimeGuy, Mar 16, 2017.

1. 30APrimeGuy

30APrimeGuy Administrator Staff Member

The Hub 30A officially opened last year / 2016 and it is really starting to take off. In 2017 I expect it to become a top 30A East destination as the construction is all pretty much complete and because it is so Family Friendly. It's located in between old Seacrest / Seacrest West and WaterSound. If you're looking for a great place on 30A to watch the NCAA Basketball March Madness Tournament then you'll want to go to the Hub 30A. They have massive Flat Screen TVs with indoor / outdoor seating. They always have game day drink specials and tasty bar food.

My favorite restaurants at the Hub are...

Local Smoke - if you like slow cook BBQ then you'll love "Local Smoke"

The Rolling Dog - New York and Chicago style hot dogs are to die for. I've been to "The Rolling Dog" a few times and it always reminds me of watching a game at Wrigley Field. If you've ever been to a Cubs game you'll know what I'm talking about.

Mile Marker Fifteen - delicious Mexican restaurant and the "30A Nachos" are probably my favorite thing on their menu.

Those are just a few of my personal favorite restaurants at the Hub 30A. In addition to tasty food there are a bunch of different boutique shops and they often have Live Music and games for the kids to play while the adults sit back RELAX as Aaron Rodgers so famously said.

The Hub 30A website

[​IMG]

2. B-Chan

B-Chan Active Member

I haven't been to any of these, but I heard they are all food truck style restaurants. Do they have any sitdown restaurants in the HUB? Or was I misinformed? Would love to know. However if I was going for food truck style The Rolling Dog seems like it would be my go-to. Hopefully they have Chicago style dogs!

3. 30APrimeGuy

30APrimeGuy Administrator Staff Member

You can sit down at the Mile Marker Fifteen Mexican restaurant but it's more of like a Chipotle Mexican Grill style place. So there is indoor seating but they do not have servers. I was at the Hub last week and do not recall seeing any sit down / fully served style restaurants. I could be wrong but I don't remember seeing any. I will say that it was packed and it was allot of fun. Adults enjoying college baseball on their big screen TVs, drinking cold beer, listening to the one-man-band that was great while the kids ran around. The Hub is truly one of the best new spots on 30A for sure.

B-Chan likes this.
  4. B-Chan

B-Chan Active Member

Interesting. It sounds like a cool setup. I will have to buzz by there one of these days.