1. Welcome to the 30A Prime Community Forums!  Our purpose here is to join together in sharing the Best of 30A Florida with the rest of the world.  So please take a look around and become a MEMBER today!

Dismiss Notice

Trap to Table Blue Crabs from the Choctawhatchee Bay

Discussion in '30A Fishing and Hunting' started by 30APrimeGuy, Apr 7, 2017.

1. 30APrimeGuy

30APrimeGuy Administrator Staff Member

Nothing better than fresh blue crabs from Trap to Table. Below are a few pics from a recent harvest from our dock on the Choctawhatchee Bay in Santa Rosa Beach. Specifically, these crabs were trapped on the east end of the bay near Point Washington. Boil them seasoned with Old Bay and serve with butter. A Trap to Table 30A Blue Crab dinner is as authentic as is gets!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jim Dixon likes this.
  2. CobiaKing

CobiaKing New Member

Those look delicious! Now you got me wanting to pick up a few crab traps...

Jim Dixon and 30APrimeGuy like this.
  3. Jim Dixon

Jim Dixon New Member

Crab traps are so fun. The blue crabs I catch are like my pets. Love to feed them each day. Mostly I release them but occasionally enjoy a nice 30A crab boil. Make sure to clean them correctly. Lots of good vids on YouTube on proper cleaning. The meat is as good as any crab species. It just takes catching 8-10 blue crabs for a nice meal for 2.

4. 30APrimeGuy

Below are some "how to boil Blue Crab" videos...

How to Boil Blue Crabs Louisiana Style:

How to Steam Blue Crabs Maryland Style:

How to eat Louisiana boiled blue crabs with a Cajun:

Jim Dixon likes this.
  5. Jim Dixon

Jim Dixon New Member

The first video is the one I used to learn. LOL

6. 30APrimeGuy

BeachLife likes this.
  7. BeachLife

BeachLife New Member

Great work on the Choctawhatchee Bay aerial video! It is a fantastic place to gather a large mess of Blue Crabs that's for sure. I fish the bay often and am typically in pursuit of large redfish. The Choctawhatchee is loaded with hug reds and a wide variety of saltwater fish species.

30APrimeGuy likes this.