1. Welcome to the 30A Prime Community Forums!  Our purpose here is to join together in sharing the Best of Florida's Emerald Coast with the rest of the world.  We're all about positivity, encouragement, and highlighting things that make this part of Florida a great place to live and vacation.  So please take a look around and become a 30A Prime MEMBER today!

Dismiss Notice

Santa Rosa Golf & Beach Club is my Favorite Course on 30A

Discussion in 'Outdoor 30A Activities' started by 30APrimeGuy, Mar 27, 2017.

1. 30APrimeGuy

30APrimeGuy Administrator Staff Member

With so many great golf courses in the area to choose from, it's difficult to pick a favorite. I've been lucky enough to have had a chance to play the majority of the courses in the PCB, 30A and Destin area over the past few years. There truly are so many fun courses that it's hard to pick a winner but I'll go ahead and give it a shot anyway.

Camp Creek, Sharks Tooth, Raven, Holiday Golf Club... I really like all of those courses and you can't go wrong with any of them. But for my money, my favorite course is...

Santa Rosa Golf & Beach Club... http://www.santarosaclub.com/

Located in Dune Allen Beach on the west end of 30A, Santa Rosa is a mature golf course that captures the natural beauty of the area. A couple of the holes have spectacular Gulf views. The course has a nice range of different elevations and mature trees. Santa Rosa Gulf Club is one of the original courses in the area having been built back in the late 1960's.

Santa Rosa is an 18 hole golf course that is open to the public and their rates are extremely fair for this area. The clubhouse is large and a great spot to enjoy a burger and beer before, during or after your round. You don't need to be a professional golfer to enjoy playing at Santa Rosa as the holes are challenging but fair.

One of the many things I like about Santa Rosa Golf Club is that there are four Par 5 holes on the course which is rare for this area. Because land it so valuable along the Emerald Coast, you won't find many golf courses that have more than 1 or 2 par 5 holes. Most of the courses in the area are made up of shorter Par 4's and a bunch of Par 3's. That is not the case at Santa Rosa Golf Club. You'll find a great mix of Par 5, Par 4 and Par 3 holes.

So for those looking for a playable 30A Golf course with lots of character, then my suggestion would be to book a Tee Time at Santa Rosa Golf Club. I promise you will not be disappointed.

If you've played at Santa Rosa Golf Club please feel free to share your thoughts on the course below.

[​IMG]

Jim Dixon likes this.
  2. BernieBrewer

BernieBrewer New Member

Watching the Masters this past weekend got me fired up about golf again. We're staying in WaterColor in a couple weeks so I'm calling Santa Rosa Golf Club now to book a tee time. Thanks for the recommendation!

Jim Dixon likes this.
  3. 30APrimeGuy

30APrimeGuy Administrator Staff Member

Awesome - that was one of the best Masters in recent memory for sure. I've never been a big Sergio Garcia fan but for some reason I found myself rooting for him yesterday. When he missed that 4 foot putt to win in regulation I thought that was the end of his run for sure. No way he was going to bounce back from missing that putt. But it was a new Sergio yesterday and he showed heart fighting back to win it. He did get a huge gift when Justin Rose hit his tee shot into the magnolia tree but still, hats off to the Spaniard. As for Santa Rosa Golf Club, you'll love the course. I just played it again this past Saturday and had a blast. It is by far my favorite golf course on 30A. Have fun!

Jim Dixon likes this.
  4. Jim Dixon

Jim Dixon New Member

My friend Doug Barron who played on the PGA tour loves the Santa Rosa Beach Golf course. He's played every PGA course so I think that says a lot.

He's now practicing for the Senior Tour and when he came to visit last he went to the SRB course every day to work on his game.

30APrimeGuy likes this.
  5. B-Chan

B-Chan Active Member

I've heard good things about this golf course but am not a golfer myself. However, My fiance loves golf- he may be interested in this.

30APrimeGuy likes this.