1. Welcome to the 30A Prime Community Forums!  Our purpose here is to join together in sharing the Best of Florida's Emerald Coast with the rest of the world.  We're all about positivity, encouragement, and highlighting things that make this part of Florida a great place to live and vacation.  So please take a look around and become a 30A Prime MEMBER today!

Dismiss Notice

Pecan Jacks Candy-Land Adventure

Discussion in 'Local 30A Business and Services' started by B-Chan, Jun 7, 2017.

1. B-Chan

B-Chan Active Member

Pecan Jacks a Candy-land Adventure

I love Gulf Place and Santa Rosa Beach, but they needed a place where one could satisfy their sweet tooth a bit better. I think this place has hit the mark! For those of you who have never heard of Pecan Jacks before, it’s okay, I’ll fill you in.

Pecan Jacks is a family-owned candy and ice-cream business that started in Richmond, VA. The owners love Florida and saw a need for at least one Pecan Jacks here. 30A is the place they decided to put Pecan Jacks and I am so glad they did! Now I know you have heard of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory and as far as real life goes this is probably as close as we are going to get for now. Especially a magical place so close to the beach. They have homemade on-site ice-cream, they have made on-site candies, brittle and more! It’s basically a sweet tooth haven with hints of Pecan galore!

Besides everything being made fresh before your eyes what else makes them special? Well that’s what I found out. All their Pecans are Premium Georgia Pecans and all their liquors they use are top-shelf liquors. If that weren’t enough in true Southern fashion they only use REAL butter. That’s why all their items taste extraordinary.

The staff is friendly and points you in the right direction. They engage with you and ask you what kind of flavors you like. What’s your favorite candy or ice-cream? Do you like savory sweet or just sweet? This makes the experience fun and tasty.

These sweet confections are all amazing, but here were some of my favorites. So as far as the ice-cream goes it might be some of the best on 30A. I personally love coffee and ice-cream. Although their ice-cream flavors change every day I was lucky enough to be ushered over by a staff member to try the Kahlua Espresso. It was off the charts amazing! Smooth, creamy and a true coffee lover’s dream in ice-cream form. My second favorite flavor was E.P. Kream with marshmallows, peanut butter and bananas. This was almost as good as an Elvis Presley type dessert- it just didn’t have the honey. E.P. Kream is a must try when you go it is not only a southern dessert dream, but it is creamy, savory, sweet and all around delicious. So be sure to try it.

Now, of course it’s called Pecan Jacks for a reason! Their Pecans are fantastic and why wouldn’t they be since they are Georgia Premium quality. If you’re looking to curve your Pecan craving look no further than their Southern Pecan Brittle. It’s an old-fashioned version of what your granny made and with tons of butter you can actually taste. This is sure to keep your Pecan cravings at bay. If you want to try something a bit more out of the ordinary they also have Pecan Brittle with Bacon! And who doesn’t love Bacon?

I was also impressed with their Southern Pralines and I am picky about Pralines. So it’s no surprise to me that that’s one of their flagship items. This is one of the items that got them started and they are best known for their Southern Pralines.

Whatever you get here it’s made fresh. It’s truly a candy-land adventure from the moment you walk in the door until the moment you eat your last Praline at home. Pecan Jacks on 30A is a must try! So whether you are visiting or live here be sure to check them out in Gulf Place. They will be happy to help you find your favorite sweet treat.

30APrimeGuy likes this.
  2. 30APrimeGuy

30APrimeGuy Administrator Staff Member

B-Chan likes this.