1. Welcome to the 30A Prime Community Forums!  Our purpose here is to join together in sharing the Best of 30A Florida with the rest of the world.  So please take a look around and become a MEMBER today!

Dismiss Notice

November and Early December are Great Months to Explore 30A Florida

Discussion in 'Best Time of Year to Visit 30A Florida' started by 30APrimeGuy, Mar 20, 2017.

1. 30APrimeGuy

30APrimeGuy Administrator Staff Member

In my opinion, there really is not a bad time of year to visit 30A. However, for my money November and early December are the best months to plan a 30A vacation. Most people will tell you that the spring and summer months are the best in terms of weather and things to do. I have to respectfully disagree with that line of thinking and here's why...

Spring, summer and early fall 30A vacations mean paying peak season prices and busyness everywhere. The beaches, grocery stores, restaurants, shops and everywhere else you want to go will be busy. Not that that's a terrible thing, its just what it is.

Personally, I like my beach vacation to be as laid back and stress free as possible. If you visit 30A in November and early December you will not have to worry about fighting for a spot on the beach or a table at a restaurant. Also, you'll get a much better deal on your 30A vacation rental as property owners and management companies offer highly reduced prices. Another perk is that all the local bars have fantastic Saturday College Football and Sunday NFL football specials. There's nothing like watching football in the warm Florida sun.

The obvious risk in vacationing in northwest Florida in November and December is that weather could be crappy. Based on the weather we've had the last few years its a risk worth taking in my opinion. We've had temperatures consistently in the 70's and 80's the past few years in late fall / early winter. This past Christmas we spent the entire day on the beach. It was high 70s and sunny all day! So yes, there is a chance you could have bad weather conditions if you plan a late fall 30A vacation but good weather is never a guarantee no matter what month of the year you choose.

My first summer working on 30A was 2014 and the entire 4th of July week it rained. I'm not talking about a little drizzle... It literally pored rain the entire week. 4th of July week is absolute peak prices on 30A and those people got completely screwed by the weather.

So I'd rather pay much less, have the beach and all of 30A glory to myself and take my chances with the weather. That's just my humble opinion. Let me know what you think below or feel free to start your own thread.

Here's a good blog post by 30a.com about Pros and Cons of each time of year to visit 30A... https://30a.com/when-to-visit-30a/

2. B-Chan

B-Chan New Member

I agree there is no bad time. It can be chilly around those times but as you pointed out you can have crappy weather any time you plan a vacation that has to do with the beach or outdoor activities.

I personally think September and October are the best times to come because they are still cheaper and less crowded, but still you have a good chance, especially in September, of it being warmer. Also most people don't take vacations in September for some reason. So again, less people, but that's just my perspective on it.

Sometimes with December you can get a large Christmas Crowd. Although October you could get some fall breakers so make sure you don't go during fall break if you're trying to miss the crowds. Even when the weather is bad though there is a ton to do on 30A for the whole family and everyone should have a good time. =) Great post!

30APrimeGuy and BeachLife like this.
  3. BeachLife

BeachLife New Member

My favorite time of the year is early to mid spring because that's when the Cobia run just off the coast. But B-Chan is right... there really is not a bad time of year to visit SoWal and the 30A corridor.

B-Chan and 30APrimeGuy like this.
  4. B-Chan

B-Chan New Member

Thank you! =)