1. Welcome to the 30A Prime Community Forums!  Our purpose here is to join together in sharing the Best of Florida's Emerald Coast with the rest of the world.  We're all about positivity, encouragement, and highlighting things that make this part of Florida a great place to live and vacation.  So please take a look around and become a 30A Prime MEMBER today!

Interactive Area Guide Map to Destin, 30A, and Panama City Beach

Dismiss Notice

My Favorite 30A East Breakfast Spots

Discussion in 'Best Breakfast on 30A' started by 30APrimeGuy, Apr 6, 2017.

1. 30APrimeGuy

30APrimeGuy Administrator Staff Member

Breakfast is by far my favorite meal of the day. It's hard to beat a Western Omelet, hash browns, bacon and coffee. Starting your day off with a delicious breakfast can be hard to do while we're in the middle of our day-to-day work lives. However, when your vacationing on 30A carving out an hour or two for breakfast is a must. From Dune Allen to Inlet Beach, there are a bunch of tasty places to break your morning fast. Below is a list of my favorite 30A east breakfast spots...

Donut Hole Inlet Beach: Perfectly located next to 30Avenue, the Donut Hole has something for everyone on their breakfast menu. It's a large restaurant so you never feel cramped even when it's super busy which is pretty much all the time. If you don't like crowds, get there when they open and you'll be fine. I'm not a big fan of tiny restaurants that feel like you're eating on top of the people next to you. The food is really good and the price is right. Their biscuits and gravy are to die for. The Donut Hole is an easy walk or bike ride from Rosemary Beach and is a top 30A east breakfast spot for sure.

Seacrest Sundries: It's not your traditional sit-down breakfast joint but it's tasty. Seacrest Sundries is a mini convenience store/restaurant in one. You order your food at the front check-out counter and they send it to the kitchen in back. While you wait for them to call your name, you can sip coffee and watch TV if you choose to sit inside. They also have outdoor seating which offers fantastic views of 30A and all the action is provided. My favorite breakfast menu item at Seacrest Sundries is the sausage, egg and cheese bagel. So if you're looking for a super chill, affordable breakfast spot you'll want to hit up Sundries.

OUTPOST: Located in Inlet Beach in the 30Avenue shopping center, OUTPOST is an under the radar 30A east breakfast choice. They have the best coffee on 30A and their avocado toast is the best I've ever had. Most people think "OUTPOST" and associate it with their home goods side of the store. But they also have a fantastic coffee bar with delicious light breakfast items.

The Summer Kitchen Cafe: Located on the south side of 30A in Rosemary Beach, Summer Kitchen is a casual breakfast and lunch spot. It's by far the best place in Rosemary Beach for breakfast. The prices are really reasonable for the area and the food is awesome. Also, the location is great as it's on the far south end of downtown RMB. They have outdoor seating and it's an excellent spot to sip coffee while taking in the salt air.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
    30aWineLover likes this.
  2. 30aEscapes

30aEscapes New Member

Another great 30A breakfast spot is "The Perfect Pig". It's located on the east end of Seagrove Beach so I'm not sure that technically qualifies as "30A East" but it's close. Perfect Pig is our favorite breakfast spot in the area. The prices are fair and the food (breakfast and lunch) is fantastic.

30APrimeGuy likes this.
  3. TN_Girl

TN_Girl New Member

We recently tried the brunch at Roselie Dining in 30Ave. It was fabulous (as is everything we have tried there).

30aWineLover likes this.
  4. Jim Dixon

Jim Dixon New Member

Ok, I have to make a disclaimer first. I'm more of a "Dive" man and I also don't mind driving a little ways to eat at the places I love. So these recommendations are not the Fru Fru 30A fancy places. LOL

1) Mike's Cafe on Front Beach Road (just west of Highway 79. Tip excellent Meat & 3 Lunch too!

2) The Caf on Highway 98 west of Hwy 331. Beat bacon on the planet

3) Dave's Snoballs
    Beignets as good as Cafe DuMond in the French Quarter
    13913 Panama City Beach Parkway (Highway 98)

B-Chan and 30APrimeGuy like this.
  5. 30aWineLover

30aWineLover New Member

Welcome to the 30A Prime Forums TN_Girl! The snapper ceviche is my favorite dish but everything is delicious at Rosalie.

B-Chan likes this.
  6. 30APrimeGuy

30APrimeGuy Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for sharing and Welcome to the 30A Prime Forums Jim! I agree with you 100% in regards to Mike's Cafe... it's one of my favorite PCB dive spots. I've heard great things about Dave's Snowballs and the other cafe you mentioned but have not been to them yet. I will definitely give them a try in the next couple weeks though.

7. B-Chan

B-Chan Active Member

I love the Donut Hole. If you're closer to the Destin area I enjoy eating breakfast at O Crepe Du Soleil! They have outstanding crepes both sweet and savory. They also have amazing coffee. Their Espresso is amazing. Be sure to check them out as well.

BeachLife and 30APrimeGuy like this.
  8. B-Chan

B-Chan Active Member

Jim I always drive by Mike's Cafe, but have never been. I will have to check it out! Thanks for the tip.

9. Escapes Rental Guy

Escapes Rental Guy New Member

I will second Jim's recommendations of Mike's Diner and The Caf. Depending on where I am in the mornings, I love to stop by one of these hot spots for breakfast!

30APrimeGuy likes this.