1. Welcome to the 30A Prime Community Forums!  Our purpose here is to join together in sharing the Best of Florida's Emerald Coast with the rest of the world.  We're all about positivity, encouragement, and highlighting things that make this part of Florida a great place to live and vacation.  So please take a look around and become a 30A Prime MEMBER today!

Interactive Area Guide Map to Destin, 30A, and Panama City Beach

Dismiss Notice

Local Catch is my Top Pick for Best 30A West Restaurant

Discussion in '30A West Restaurants and Happy Hour Specials' started by 30APrimeGuy, Mar 16, 2017.

1. 30APrimeGuy

30APrimeGuy Administrator Staff Member

The west end of 30A has a bunch of fantastic restaurants to choose from. For my money there is only 1 that I would say is hands down the best and that is Local Catch Bar & Grill. Let's start with the Bar part first...

The bar has that classic, old Florida look and feel. The bartenders are incredibly nice and the drinks they mix are top notch. Local Catch uses the old fashion Large cocktail glasses and you get a nice strong pour in each drink. I'm so sick of going to restaurants all over the country that over charge for small, watered down drinks. At Local Catch, they make drinks the way they are supposed to be made. My personal favorite is the "Salty Dog". If you've never had a Salty Dog, this is the place to give it a try and I promise you will thoroughly enjoy it. Local Catch also has great Happy Hour specials.

As for the food... I've had pretty much everything on their menu and it's all great. For starters, their Nachos and Grouper Ceviche are delicious. All of their salads are really good and their fish tacos are the best I've had anywhere. Also, the Shrimp and Grits are among the best I've had as well. Bottom line is that Local Catch is winner and great choice if you're looking to eat on the west end of 30A.

Local Catch website

[​IMG]