1. Welcome to the 30A Prime Community Forums!  Our purpose here is to join together in sharing the Best of Florida's Emerald Coast with the rest of the world.  We're all about positivity, encouragement, and highlighting things that make this part of Florida a great place to live and vacation.  So please take a look around and become a 30A Prime MEMBER today!

Dismiss Notice

Local 30A Area Parks You Need to Explore

Discussion in 'Outdoor 30A Activities' started by 30APrimeGuy, Jun 12, 2017.

1. 30APrimeGuy

30APrimeGuy Administrator Staff Member

Our favorite 30A Prime contributing author Teri Cook recently published an article on local parks. In the article Teri touched on Frank Brown Park which is one of my families favorites. Located next to Pier Park in Panama City Beach, Frank Brown has a great playground, baseball fields, soccer fields, tennis courts, hiking trails and much more. Frank Brown even has a dog park if you're looking for a place to let your fury friend run around off leash.

My new favorite park is Pilcher Park located in SoWal under the south side of the 331 bridge. I visited Pilcher Park for the first time last Friday June 9. My goal was to snap a few pictures to go along with Teri's article and get back home fast. However, that changed shortly after arrival as I was blown away with how awesome the new park truly is. My first thought upon arrival was that this is the perfect place to bring my 3 year old to fish. Such easy access to good bay fishing is really difficult to find anywhere else. In addition, I was impressed with the size of the park. It is much larger than I anticipated and there are plenty of available parking spots. Pilcher Park has 4 really nice boat launches making access to the Choctawhatchee Bay easy. If you're a 30A local or just visiting I highly recommend checking out Pilcher Park.

Feel free to comment below and let us know about your favorite 30A area parks...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. B-Chan

B-Chan Active Member

Wow, That dock is beautiful. This is definitely a great fishing spot or spot for wedding pictures. You could almost post something about this in the wedding part of the forums as well. Thank you for sharing!

3. 30APrimeGuy

30APrimeGuy Administrator Staff Member

This past Sunday June 18 / Fathers Day we spent a couple hours fishing at the new Thomas Pilcher Park. We had an absolute blast and confirmed that it's the perfect place to bring young kids that like to fish. The Choctawhatchee Bay is almost always calm compared to trying to take kids surf fishing at the beach. The park is super "fish-able" / kid fishing friendly meaning you don't have to worry about them falling into the water or getting swept away by a big wave. I highly recommend taking your family to Pilcher Park if you've not yet been there. Here's a quick video I shot at Pilcher Park on Fathers Day 2017...

B-Chan likes this.
  4. B-Chan

B-Chan Active Member

SO cute!! It is perfect for small children. I love this!! I wish their was a love button as well as like I would love your video. haha Your little boy is so cute!

30APrimeGuy likes this.
  5. 30aEscapes

30aEscapes New Member

Here's a cool Pilcher Park aerial video that SoWal.com did...

30APrimeGuy and B-Chan like this.